Yin Level 2: Mindfulness module
When: Nov 5th to 8th 2015
Time: 10 am to 5pm
Building on Josh’s popular Foundation module Yin & Meditation level 1, this immersion emphasizes the practice and teaching of mindfulness meditation within the discipline of Yin Yoga.
Who this is for? This training is ideal for any yoga teacher interested in bringing mindfulness into their classes. While Yin Yoga is the venue within which this approach will be practiced, the tools learned are not limited to the Yin Yoga context. If students have not trained in Yin Yoga before, they may still attend this training, but they should be made aware that the basics of Yin Yoga will not be addressed in this module. The foundational elements are covered in Level 1. Students will also practice a few periods of sitting meditation each day. Any questions can be directed to Josh at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: Although this course will draw heavily from Buddhist meditation teaching, you don’t need to be a Buddhist to practice and share these liberating tools of awareness.
- Understand and practice the core aspects of Mindfulness Training to develop your ability to hold space, effectively use your voice and explore teaching cues that support the experiential learning and the unfolding insight of your students
- The Mindfulness Immersion will be structured around a thorough examination of a core Buddhist meditation text — The Satipatthana Sutta — The Sutta on the Four Foundations of Mindfulness. This text provides a treasure trove of material to share with students in a Yin classroom. Meditative themes will include theoretical and practical approaches to these Four Foundations: Body (kaya), Feeling tones (vedana), Mind-states (citta), and Ultimate Realties (dhamma)
- For each category of contemplation (ie. body, mind-states, etc), a variety of ‘yin’ and ‘yang’ forms of meditative tools will be cultivated and explored
- Deepen your own direct meditative experience to empower your teaching with a voice of authenticity and clarity.
- Address approaches to teaching meditation in a secular, non-religious manner
- Guide students to observe the process of their experience without getting lost in the content
- Enliven your sequencing with new poses and variations
- Participants will receive 30 hours of CEU through the Yoga Alliance
Required Material: Mindfulness, A Practical Guide to Awakening by Joseph Goldstein
100 euro deposit (non-refundable) to secure place.
Booking: Carmel 087 9694378 email@example.com